Thank you for your interest in working for the Coastal VA Real Estate Team.
What traits are we looking for?
- Efficient: Someone who is highly attentive to details, can multi-task, manage timelines and meet deadlines. Someone who has the ability to see a project from start to finish and keep track of it along the way.
- Resourceful: Someone who has great problem solving skills and can research the answers when they are not immediately apparent.
- Team Player: Ability to work in a team environment and get along with others.
- Client-Focused: Possesses the ability to see the bigger picture and can put their own needs aside for the needs of our clients. Someone who is articulate, maintains a professional demeanor at all times and can communicate clearly to clients and other team members.
- Skilled: Computer literacy is a must. Must also be thoroughly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs. Since we are a paperless company there must be a moderate to high level of efficiency using technology in general.
Below are the positions we currently have available as well as the job description and details for each position. If you are interested in any of these positions, please click on the application button below and follow the instructions to submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Part Time Administrative Assistant
A Real Estate Assistant will assist the property manager, agents and team coordinator with their daily activities. This may include answering the phone, completing paperwork, processing contracts and input data. Other duties may include ordering supplies, mailing materials, maintaining electronic records, and setting up appointments. He or she would also help to plan, implement and follow up on a comprehensive marketing plan to include direct mail, email, client appreciation program and events.
- Hours: This is a part time position. (15 hours per week) 9am-12pm daily.
- Location: RE/MAX Peninsula - City Center Office
- Pay Scale: Hourly ranging from $10-$12/hour based on experience.
Administrative/office experience is preferred.
Residential Sales Agent
Start or reboot your Real Estate Career with the Coastal VA Real Estate Team. We are searching for highly motivated, team players, who thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven work environment, and want limitless earning potential.
The primary role of a real estate agent is to help buyers and sellers navigate the process from start to finish. You will be responsible for accumulating new business, working open houses, team leads, and attending team meetings and events. Duties will include showing homes, writing offers, attending inspections, working with multiple third parties to make sure the closing process goes off without a hitch.
Hours are not limited. We are a team of “whatever it takes to get the job done”. Nights and weekends are part of the industry. IF you do not want to work nights and weekends, no need to apply.
Below are some specific skills that will be necessary to succeed in this role.
- Independence: You must manage your own time and schedules, making sure you are hustling to get the word out about properties and finding the information your clients need.
- Interpersonal Skills: You will work with clients and customers face-to-face on a daily basis. Listening to their needs and communicating effectively and pleasantly is a necessary skill.
- Problem-Solving Skills: You will need to quickly find answers to your client's questions. This also includes being a mediator between several different clients.
Because we are a community focused team, we are currently looking for agents who live, play and want to specialize at work in the following areas.
· Newport News
· Smithfield/Isle of Wight
· Norfolk/VA Beach
Part of these specialties is knowing the markets you will work in, the neighborhoods, the city resources and the area in general. You should be able to answer client questions and concerns about things like school districts, zoning, expansion, etc. (Your book of business will not be limited to these areas alone)
If you are interested in working on an innovative, community-based team environment, filled with positive energy, friendly competition and have a strong desire to give back, then we would love the opportunity to interview you today!